Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"It's a Wonderful Life"

"You see George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?"
~Clarence the Angel


The Holy Bible tells of a wrestling event between an angel and a man. It is an uneven match choreographed to teach a lesson - to the man.

I have had several cage matches with a darker angel, one that periodically tempts me to "just throw it (my life) away. So you will not be surprised to hear Frank Capra's 1946 holiday masterpiece, "It's a Wonderful Life" has been a lifelong favorite of mine.
And that each year that goes by, it finds deeper and deeper meaning in the recesses of my mind and heart.

The briefest - and to me the most profound - scene is the beginning sequence between a greater and lesser star; Franklin and Joseph, as they respond to a cloud of prayers rising to heaven on behalf of George Bailey...
Put your faith in God's inspired word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home