Monday, January 02, 2012

"While I Wrap Myself In It"

"How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings."
~Psalm 36:7

Like many Americans I find it difficult to separate my personal faith from my own sense of nationalism. My Christianity is blended with and affected by my patriotism.
The closest sense I can get of "the shadow of thy wings" is to wrap myself in the flag.
It's a comic tradition I am proud to carry on...




I am already retired. Sales or lack of sales have no direct effect on my career.
What I am concerned about is my legacy and reputation.
Part and parcel of that are the awards I have garnered. Yes they fade into perspective with time, but they were earned and given along the way none the less.

Preeminent among them: my 2004 nomination for a Pulitzer Prize in Editorial Journalism covering the war in Iraq.

My published prayer for many years came true this Christmas with the closing of the war and the return of our troops, ie: sons and daughters,home at last.

So for those of you trying to rain on my parade, just remember - you're pissing into the wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home